Protein treatment for natural hair
Hey guys, I am back with the pack of protein shake for your hair so that your hair gets great biceps and triceps.
First, let me know do you have an enemy? This question is for girls especially. I want to give you one tip. Gorgeous hair is the best revenge. ☺ . But how will you get the gorgeous hair? The protein is the answer. Yes, today I will tell you about how to do protein treatment for your natural hair.
Our hair is made of protein and they need protein to grow and to remain healthy. So the world of our hair is roaming all around the protein. First, we should understand the role and function of the protein.
A. Importance of protein for hair
Protein is an essential component in our diet. A person needs approx 1.4 ounces to 2.5 ounces protein in daily diet. Likewise, protein is as essential for our hair, as we are aware that our hair is made of keratin which itself is a protein. When there is a scarcity of keratin the hair is more prone to breakage and stays dull. Protein leads to the growth of all cells including the hair growth cell. Here, your diet will play the main role in your hair growth and gorgeous hair.
B. Protein-rich diet for your hair
Consuming protein rich diet will definitely help you in faster hair growth and strong hair. Do not confuse yourself with the supplements of proteins. You have to go with the natural protein diet, not with the synthetic proteins.
Source of natural proteins:
Non-Vegetarian Protein: Turkey, Meat, fish, Salmon, Chicken, Tuna.
Vegetable Proteins: Spinach, grains, Nuts, Broccoli, Mushroom.
Dairy Proteins: Egg, Milk, cheese, Yogurt.
Now let’s discuss about the protein hair mask which you have to apply on your hair along with the protein diet. There are two different type of treatment one is homemade and another is available in the market.
C. Homemade protein treatment for Damaged hair
This treatment you can do at home with the easily available natural ingredient at home. You have to get the protein-rich ingredients and apply them on hair. It’s simple. You do not have to worry about the chemical stuff because everything here is natural and secondly you do not have to pay high charges to costly salons for one sitting. This is much efficient and cheaper process which you can do yourself at home.
1. Egg Mask: What is the first thing which comes into your mind when you hear the word Egg. Protein right?. This is the most powerful, tried and tested mask which really provides a lot of protein to your hair strands and nourishes them and make them healthy and shiny. Egg also contains sulfur and biotin. You can also prepare more than one combination of an egg with other ingredients like coconut oil or olive oil for the hair mask.
- Take one to three eggs according to your hair length.
- Break the egg and take the white portion of egg in a bowl.
- Stir it well so that it gets mixed properly.
- You can add olive or coconut oil as you want but if your scalp is oily go with only egg.
- Make sure that your hair is oil free before applying.
- Apply the mixture with your hand on the scalp and hair so that every strand is covered.
- Keep the mask for at least 30 min to 45 mins.
- Wash your hair with cold water and mild shampoo. Do not use hot water.
- Repeat the process at least once a week, you will see great results.
Note: For Normal /dry hair you can use (egg yolk) yellow portion along with the white portion of egg in the mask while for those who have an oily hair use only white portion.
2. Yogurt/Curd Mask: Yogurt is also a good source of protein and helps to restore the lost protein. Yogurt is a source of zinc, lactic acid, protein and vitamin E. It is awesome as hair care product as it promotes hair growth and gives strength to your hair.
- Take one cup of yogurt. You can add a 2 teaspoonful of lemon juice or olive oil depending on your hair type (oily or dry).
- Mix the mixture well and apply it on to scalp and hair strands.
- Make sure you have washed your hair before applying yogurt.
- Keep the mask for 30 mins and let it dry.
- Wash your hair with cold water after 30 mins.
- Repeat the process at least 3 to4 times in a month.
This mask leaves your hair extra shine and soft and provides a moisture to dry hair.
3. Coconut Milk Treatment: This is also one of the best protein-rich hair treatments. Coconut milk is very rich in proteins.
- Take coconut milk in a bowl, give massage to scalp and hair for 5 to 10 mins.
- Apply the coconut milk to every strand of hair.
- You can add one mashed banana or one teaspoon of olive oil too.
- Leave it for one hour and then wash it off with mild natural shampoo.
- You can also leave the coconut milk on hair overnight, it will give excellent results.
So these are the natural ways for hair treatment. Now have a look at some protein treatment pack available in the market for purchase.
D. Protein treatment available in the market for purchase:
Today in the market you will find a lot of brands of protein treatment that you can purchase. Let’s see what kind of options are available and how will you decide which one suits your hair.
- Light protein treatment: These can be used when your hair is slightly damaged. Damage cause can be anything like chemicals, hot appliances, pollution, water etc. You can use them every week and they are labelled as a conditioner mask, so basically they condition your slight damaged hair.
- Mild protein treatment: These protein packs are available for mild damage. In this case, if your hair is healthy and you have to do routine maintenance then you can use it.
- Hard protein treatment: This treatment is best when your hair is severely damaged. This treatment is to be used every 6 to 8 weeks.
Make sure you get enough quantity of protein in your diet because the homemade and purchased protein treatment can only target the external hair and nourish them, diet is the source of internal strength of hair roots. Try to include more protein in your diet along with suggested protein hair masks. If you like them or have any related question, do write in the comment box, let us know how it goes for you.